Invite a friend
Olympic Gold Medalist and the Nation's premier skills instructor, Pat Powers, will be at JB Owens Recreations Facility on June 20-21(9am-4pm,9am-2pm) to present the highly successful "Over-Correction" method of skill development.
This Advanced Clinic is for Junior Players and Will Cover:
1. How to pass using backspin on the ball
2. How to acquire more power when hitting
3. How to use your peripheral vision when hitting
4. How to line up an approach to hit
5. Setters: How to time your hitters
6. Setters: How to run an offense
7. How to "snap" a ball when hitting and serving
8. Why to watch only the hitter when playing defense (important!)
9. How to develop a great float and jump serve
10. Advanced blocking techniques
11. Verbal and non-verbal communication
The three fundamentals stressed in the clinic common to all team sports are:
1. Playing the game of volleyball three seconds into the future
2. Using peripheral vision when playing
3. Reacting to bodies instead of the ball
**Competition suited for all skill levels**
**Juniors: Learn how to position yourself for a college scholarship**
**Over 1970 Participants in 2011**
What you get:
* 12 hours of the best instruction in the nation!
* Camp T-Shirt!
* 3-Page Tip Handout Sheet! Registration Fee: $140
ONLY 60 SPOTS AVAILABLE
To sign up, please visit http://www.VBClinics.Com
Phone (760) 635-3994
More About J.B. Owens Recreation Center
J.B. Owens Recreation Center is an athletic complex featuring three lighted grass baseball fields, an outdoor basketball court, six multi-use soccer and football fields, a gymnasium, a disc golf course, picnic shelter, playgrounds and a one mile nature trail. It is overseen by the Easley Parks and Recreation Department.