Red Owens Complex Named Best Park
The home of the Big League World Series, the park is a favorite among visitors
If you are taking in a ball game, enjoying a picnic or trying your luck at disc golf, then J.B. "Red" Owens Complex is the place.
In this week's Readers' Choice contest for "Best Park," the complex, located at 111 Walkers Way, won half of the vote.
While the topic "best park" didn't bring in a huge number of voters, most any night of the week, you'll find this area park bustling with activity.
The complex is the home of the Big League World Series and is a prime location for further expansion.
Some of the amenities offered at the park include:
- 3 lighted grass in-field baseball fields (press box/concessions/bathroom)
- 5 lighted dirt in-field softball/baseball fields (press box/concessions/bathroom)
- 6 multi-purpose soccer/football fields with lights, press box, concession stand, and restrooms.
- 5 soccer/football fields
- 18 hole disc golf course
- Outdoor Basketball Court
- Picnic Shelter
- Nature Trail approximately 1 mile
- 2 Playground Units
- Larry D. Bagwell Gymnasium
The park is maintained by the Easley Parks and Recreation Department.
Be sure to check back next week for our next Readers' Choice contest.